2.21.2009

Changes on the horizon …

I hesitate posting this because then I am going to feel obligated to post  “before” and “after” pictures and I don’t think I will get to the after for a long time. Well, at least the “everything-is-exactly-how-I-want-it-and-I-wouldn’t-change-a-thing” after, at least. Does anyone get to that point outside of TLC and HGTV?

Alas, my excitement outweighs my hesitancy. KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

We bought red paint today for my kitchen. “Bangkok Rust” to be exact. It is a dream come true.  I believe every home should have a red wall and I have lived in my home for two years without a red wall. Such a travesty.

Soon to change. Very soon.

We also bought a can of “Frankincense". Lovely name, isn’t it? It is on the same paint chip as “Butternut Tree” and “Pronghorn”. Who comes up with these names anyway? Wouldn’t you love to just sit in a chair eating vending machine snacks and making up outrageous names for paint colors? What a job, but I digress. “Frankincense” is for a wall that sits between our kitchen and living room.

PA1213-WOAOnce the walls are painted I can finally make the window treatment for my kitchen window (and possibly frame the kitchen window, but I haven’t presented this one to the hubby yet). I have had the fabric picked out for about 1 1/2 years. I suppose that means that I still like it, right? 

And finally, we bought new hardware for the cabinets. We bought them online at a great price. If all goes well with the shipping and such I will definitely recommend this company to you. The knobs were 66% off the price that we found at Lowes. Now I can put that money I saved towards replacing the chandelier, or maybe a new dress. It’s a toss up.

3 comments:

Becca said...

New dresser!

Eric and Shelene said...

I love the red in my kitchen! Can't wait to see it all together!!!!

Amy said...

LOVE IT!!!!

My dining room is a rusty red......so important to have that red wall in your home :) I also think the frankincince is gorgeous and blends it all together....Have Fun Decorating, painting, and getting a brand new room!!!