3.01.2009

Colores!

A couple of friends and I started a little preschool group for our sons. It is small and low key. A little something to get start gearing them towards preschool in the fall. Each week we take turns having it at our house and do a one hour lesson. I kicked off the first week and have to share the fun idea I got from Everything Preschool.

Theme: Colors

As I googled ideas for the theme and tried to find songs and art projects I realized that what these boys would love is a science experiment. Everything Preschool provided just that!

You will need ice trays, medicine or eye droppers, water, and food coloring.104_0080 Fill four spaces with water and die each one a different color (red, blue, green, and yellow). Give the boys a dropper and let them have at it.

The real purpose is for the children to experiment with color mixing. These boys were content just to figure out how the dropper worked and then move the water around. I probably could have just left the water clear and they still would had a ball. Easy and fun. Let me know if you give it a try!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Next time make frozen color ice cubes and let them paint on water color paper.